2015-03-16

Drinking Costa Rica HTM Tournon from Teneo


I've spent the last two weeks drinking Costa Rica HTM Tournon coffee that is sold by Teneo Coffee shop in the whole bean form.

It's a medium roast coffee, and its' smell is not too remarkable. It has a taste which is mild and slightly acidic, but very full bodied and not at all bitter. Leaves a very pleasant aftertaste. Tastes good with and without milk. No sugar needed.

I tried making it in several different styles:

  • French press - needs some experimentation regarding grind size, temperature and steeping. I made my best and my worst cup of this coffee in a French press.
  • Turkish - almost foolproof. This coffee tastes excellent as Turkish. Personally, I'd put it not far behind my best cup of FP.
  • Moka pot - my least favorite result. But my wife liked it above others. Your experience might vary.
Overall: medium-priced single origin specialty coffee (39kn / 200g). Personally, I like it better than espresso mix. But as with everything else, freshness of the roast is most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment